Can I afford a Catholic education for my child?
The answer is: YES!
- Nearly 1/2 of all Sacred Heart families receive Tuition Assistance or Scholarships.
- We want to make sure finances are not an obstacle for a family wishing to choose Sacred Heart School.
- Through Scholarships and Tuition Assistance Sacred Heart can be a financial possibility for every family!
How do you determine Scholarships & if I qualify for Tuition Assistance assistance?
Sacred Heart School uses FACTS to assist us in determining financial aid to families. But families must apply first for us to be able to help!
FACTS is trusted and used by over 4,200 schools nationwide, including St. Michael’s Catholic School in Grand Forks. All families wishing to apply for tuition assistance or a scholarship will need to apply online. The initial application deadline is May 1st, but families who miss that date can definitely still apply and Tuition Assistance may still be available! Contact the School for more information.
There are many advantages to using a third party company such as FACTS:
- With FACTS, the family’s entire financial situation is taken into consideration, not just total income.
- With FACTS there is an increase in privacy. You are providing your information to a third party not affiliated with Sacred Heart, so your financial need is provided without Sacred Heart personnel looking at the details of your financials.
- The information we receive from FACTS will allow us to be more accurate and objective when awarding financial aid and scholarships.
- Applicants can apply online, so you can apply from the comfort of your own home and don’t need to meet with anyone in person.
- The $30 application fee is only applicable once per year, and you only have to apply once per year even if you have students in multiple schools. i.e. St. Michael’s, Holy Family/St. Mary’s and Sacred Heart.
Overall, FACTS will provide an unbiased, more accurate way of determining the financial aid and scholarship amounts awarded to our families. All you need to apply is a copy of your most recent federal tax forms. If applicable also have copies of supporting documentation for social security income, welfare, child support, food stamps, worker’s compensation and TANF. All supporting documents can be uploaded in PDF format online or submitted by mail to FACTS keeping documentation anonymous and seperate from Sacred Heart administration.
If you have any specific questions about making Catholic education affordable, please feel free to give us a call.
Carl D. Adolphson
Do you offer a payment plan?
Tuition can be paid in full at the start of the academic year, semi-annually, or in 12 monthly installments.
Families choose what options works best for them during our August Fee Payment Days.
How much does tuition cost?
The tuition rate for the following school year is established each year by the SHS School Advisory Council and is made available in January.
We offer different prices, depending on age of the student, and parish affiliation. A 2018-19 Tuition Breakdown is available HERE.