It has been the policy of Sacred Heart School to have Halloween celebrations in the individual classrooms. These celebrations include costumes, treats, stories, games, and parades. While it is recognized that Halloween is not a Christian holiday, it is very much a children’s day in the United States.
While we will continue to celebrate the day at the discretion of the individual teachers, some limitations are to be observed:
- Costumes must be in good taste, modest, and worn with the knowledge that this is a Catholic school.
- Costumes may not contain blood, gore, or weaponry.
- Make-up must be minimal.
- The time consumed with the celebration must be reasonable.
- Facial coverings must still be worn. A costume with a mask does not replace the required facial covering.
- Sharing of treats is not recommended. Treats should be individually wrapped and each child bring their own treat/snack for class celebrations.
- Appropriate dress is require. With costumes being worn all day, please be sure that students are dressed appropriately or have clothes with should they need to take the costume off. Select costumes that will not cause a child to overheat or impair their abilities to function throughout the day.