School supply lists, handbooks, and other school related information can be found using the links listed in the menu.
School Supervision and Attendance
We want to be sure that all students are accounted for at all times. Please have your child at school by 8:05 so they have time to settle in and get to their classroom by the 8:15 bell. The doors will be locked at 8:20 a.m. and parents will need to escort their elementary child in to the office if they arrive after the bell. Being punctual is essential!
- Kindergarten—Grade 12 8:15 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Little Angels/Saints Morning Session 8:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Little Angels/Saints Afternoon Session 12:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Absences and Late Arrivals
- In the case of an elementary student absence, late arrival, or early dismissal, please send ONE email to contact the student’s teacher (first initial and last name)@sacredheartegf.net AND CC our elementary secretary, Mrs. Carrie Shea, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call the elementary office at 218-773-1579. Elementary parents will need to park and come into the office to sign their child in/out for midday appointments.
- In the case of a high school student absence, late arrival, or early dismissal, please contact Mrs. Dana Yanish at email@example.com or call the high school office at 218-773-0230. Students should immediately report to the high school office to sign in and out with Mrs. Dana Yanish.
Elementary students may gather in the parish social hall beginning at 7:30 a.m. and upon dismissal at the end of the day must either be waiting in a classroom or supervised by a parent. The student must be picked up by 3:30 p.m. or enrolled in the After-School Program. Information is available to the right. Elementary students and all bus drop off/pick up will occur at door #4.
High School students may gather in the high school commons or parish social hall from 7:30 a.m. until the start of classes. All students must be picked up by 3:30 p.m., be in an adult supervised extra-curricular activity, or if in grades 7-8, enrolled in the After-School Program. High school students 9-12 drop off/pick up will be at Eagle door #2.
Eagles’ Nest After-School Program
Sacred Heart School is blessed to debut its very own Eagles’ Nest After-School Program with start of the 2019-20 school year. With a rise in interest over the past years, it is exciting to offer our K-8 Sacred Heart students a safe and inviting place to spend time in the company of other children and create and play in a Catholic atmosphere. It is important to note that this program will replace the Homework Club that was available for 3-12th grade students.
To ensure proper staffing, student supervision, and supplies, please take note that the After-School Program will only provide a 5-Day or 3-Day Contract option at this time. The Eagles’ Nest After-School Program, for Sacred Heart students in grades K-8, will operate Monday-Friday, 3:20-5:30PM, on days when school is in session.
- Program information packet is available HERE.
- Program Registration form is available HERE – If you are interested in applying for registration for your child(ren) in the Eagles’ Nest After-School Program, please read the information packet, complete the attached fillable form, print it, attach the $25 registration fee, and drop the registration off at the Parish Office or mail it to: Sacred Heart School, Attn: After-School Program, 200 3rd Street NW, East Grand Forks, MN 56721
The registration deadline for the Eagles’ Nest After-School Program is August 2, 2019 (space may be available after). Notification of acceptance will be sent by Wednesday, August 7, 2019. Should there be room for availability after the August 2 deadline, notification will be sent to families.
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacred Heart School’s Non-Discriminatory Policy Concerning Students - Sacred Heart School in East Grand Forks admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.
This is to be in satisfaction of the requirements of Section 4.01 or Revenue Procedure 75-50.