Sacred Heart is looking forward to Catholic Schools Week which runs January 28th-February 3rd! National Catholic Schools Week is the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. The theme for 2018 is “Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.” Sacred Heart and our Grand Cities Catholic Schools friends at Holy Family – St. Mary’s Catholic School & St. Michael’s Catholic School will observe the annual celebration week with Masses and activities for students, families, parishioners and community members. Through these events, our schools focus on the value Catholic education provides to young people and its contributions to our church, our communities, and our nation.
January 28, Sunday
- Knights Pancake Breakfast and Free throw contest
- 7:30 am, 9:00 am and 10:30 am Mass – Students participating
- 12:00 noon Knights of Columbus Free throw competition
January 29, Monday, Character Day (dress as one of your favorite Characters)
- 9:42- Praise and Worship Kick Off K-12
- Grand Cities Catholic Schools Staff Social at Holy Family 4:00 pm
- Girls Basketball vs. Northern Freeze (Home) JH 5:30/JV 6:00/V 7:30
January 30, Tuesday, Spirit Day
- Pastries with Parents 7:30-8:10 am; Face Painting by Student Council, a free will offering will be accepted for the Back-Pack Program.
- Kooky Olympics K-6 at 2:15 pm
- HS Juniors to Holy Family to help with the Read-a-thon dismiss at 2:00
- Rome Pilgrims Spaghetti Dinner 5:00pm–7:00pm
- Girls Basketball vs. Stephen-Argyle (Stephen-Argyle) 7th grade begins at 5:00 the rest will follow
- JH Boys Basketball vs. Crookston (Home) 7th 4:30/8th 5:30
- BB vs. Badger-Greenbush/Middle River (H) C Team 5:00/JV 6:00/V7:30
January 31, Wednesday, Comfy Day
- Know Your Faith Competition in Dickenson, ND
- 1:00-3:20 Movie, Cars III, in the Gym K- 12. Popcorn and beverages will be sold by the NHS for $1.00. Students are invited to bring a pillow and blanket.
February 1, Thursday, Color Day (each grade will have a specific color to wear)
- Get up and Move Day (Music Plays EVERYONE dances throughout the day)
- 6th grade Parents vs. Students Basketball at 2:15 pm; K-6 cheer on the 6th graders
- HS Seniors to St. Mike’s to read at 1:30
- Girls Basketball vs. Goodrige/Grygla-Gatzke (Home) JH 5:30/JV 6:00/V 7:30
February 2, Friday, Dress Up Day!
- High School Science Club at the Science Olympiad bus leaving at 7:00am
- 9:35-10:05 High School Students read with our Elementary students.
11th grade read to Kindergarten (Cariveau all go to Hammond, Gergen Jrs. to Seubert, Walker all to Seubert, Andrys Jrs. to Hammond)
10th grade read to 4th graders (All students go to Mrs. Johnson, some might need to be partnered.)
9th graders read to 3rd graders (Miss Bauer please split and send half to Lemire and half to Hoefs)
8th graders read to 2nd graders (Garritson to Kappes, Mattingley to Lang)
7th graders read to 1st graders (Pieper to Schroeder, Lund to Roberts)
The seniors will be facilitating the Lectio Divina with 5th and 6th graders.
- Grand Cities Catholic School Mass at SHS at 1:15 pm – students should be dismissed at 1:00 pm
- Boys Basketball vs. Clearbrook-Gonvick (Clearbrook) JV 6:00/V 7:30.
February 3rd, Saturday
- Boys C Team Tournament at Fosston HS
- Boys Varsity Event vs. Win-E-Mac at Grand Forks Central 12:30.