The dream of competing for your school is made real every day at Sacred Heart where student-athletes of every skill level share the thrill of competition donned in our traditional purple and gold. Here, nobody gets cut from a sport or activity. A student might not play every game, but nonetheless remains part of the team. Our alumni roster includes athletes who have gone on to college on sports scholarships. With a busy athletic program, Sacred Heart provides students the opportunity to learn through individual and team competition. We are the Eagles. Watch us soar!
For current athletic schedules visit the Region8MN website here. Families can also use the “subscribe” option on that site to receive text and email notifications of schedule changes.
22 Extra Curricular Athletics Opportunities
Girls Sports: Volleyball (Fall), Cross Country (Fall), Swimming & Diving (Fall), Basketball (Winter), Gymnastics (Winter), Archery Club (Winter), Softball (Spring), Track & Field (Spring), Soccer (Spring), Tennis (Spring), Trap Shooting (Spring)
Boys Sports: Football (Fall), Cross Country (Fall), Soccer (Fall), Tennis (Fall), Basketball (Winter), Swimming & Diving (Winter), Wrestling (Winter), Archery Club (Winter), Baseball (Spring), Track & Field (Spring), Trap Shooting (Spring)
For questions on Athletics contact Blake Karas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Volunteer Policy
** Parents, Guardians, or Family Members (16 or above) of athletes participating in extracurricular activities must work a total of 5 athletic events per year, per family using the Sign-Up Links sent through email or posted on the Athletic Website. Sign-Up to Volunteer HERE
Ride home with parents after Athletic events
- Step One: Complete the Ride w Parents Permission Form
- Step Two: Print the form and sign
- Step Three: Bring the form to the main office for Mr. Karas to sign
- Step Four: Approved form will be sent/given to the appropriate coach
The “Eagle Way”
Formed through Benedictine Values, the “Eagle Way” represents the culture that we want to encompass at Sacred Heart. This includes activities and events held outside of school hours. When students, staff, parents, and community members soar the “Eagle Way” they are emulating the Benedictine heritage formed through work and prayer. The “Eagle Way” might be a player helping up another team’s player. It might be a coach thanking the officials for their hard work. It could be fans staying after to help pick up trash in the stands or celebrating the achievement of the opposing team. Please help us recognize this behavior using the link below. Let’s all do our part to Soar the “Eagle Way.”
7-12th Grade Athletics Information!
- To Do List Before Athletes are Eligible for Practice for any sport
- coaches 2019
- parent handout 2019
- Player expectations 2019
- volleyball goal sheet 2019
- Sacred Heart Youth Volleyball 2019 WHAT: Youth Volleyball Clinic run by Carrie Zavoral We will be learning basic volleyball skills and introducing all aspects of the game in a fun environment! Can’t wait to meet you and play some volleyball! Learn More HERE.
Contact Blake Karas for more information on these athletic options: (email@example.com)
- 9-12th Grade Boys Soccer – began August 5th: 7-12th Boys Soccer Begins (Grand Forks Central)
- 7-8th Grade Boys Soccer
- 9-12th Boys Tennis 7th-12th Boys’ Tennis Begins (Grand Forks Central)
- 9-12th Girls Swimming
- 9-12th Boys/Girls Cross Country 7th-12th Cross Country Begins (Grand Forks Central)
Winter Sports Options—Basketball, Swimming, Wrestling, Archery.
Spring Sports Options—Baseball, Softball, Cross Country, Girls Tennis, Track & Field, Girls Soccer, Trap Shooting.