The dream of competing for your school is made real every day at Sacred Heart where student-athletes of every skill level share the thrill of competition donned in our traditional purple and gold. Here, nobody gets cut from a sport or activity. A student might not play every game, but nonetheless remains part of the team. Our alumni roster includes athletes who have gone on to college on sports scholarships. With a busy athletic program, Sacred Heart provides students the opportunity to learn through individual and team competition. We are the Eagles. Watch us soar!
For current athletic schedules visit the Region8MN website here. Families can also use the “subscribe” option on that site to receive text and email notifications of schedule changes.
22 Extra Curricular Athletics Opportunities
Girls Sports: Volleyball (Fall), Cross Country (Fall), Swimming & Diving (Fall), Basketball (Winter), Gymnastics (Winter), Archery Club (Winter), Softball (Spring), Track & Field (Spring), Soccer (Spring), Tennis (Spring), Trap Shooting (Spring)
Boys Sports: Football (Fall), Cross Country (Fall), Soccer (Fall), Tennis (Fall), Basketball (Winter), Swimming & Diving (Winter), Wrestling (Winter), Archery Club (Winter), Baseball (Spring), Track & Field (Spring), Trap Shooting (Spring)
For questions on Athletics contact Blake Karas at email@example.com
Athletic Club: Established in 1975, the Sacred Heart Athletic Club was founded to support the athletic programs at Sacred Heart School. The Athletic Club is now the single funding source for all athletic programs from K-12. The Athletic Club pays for coaches salaries, equipment used by our athletes, busing, and fuel. The Athletic budget continues to grow yearly. The Athletic Club encourages you to join our membership in support of our athletic programs. Your dues allow for continual support of Sacred Heart athletics as well as the privilege to vote on all business of the club. Board Members: President: Lance Knudson, Vice President: Wayne Pietruszewski, Treasurer: Brad Werner, Secretary: Karen Cisek. For questions on the Athletic Club and meeting times contact Blake Karas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Volunteer Policy
** Parents, Guardians, or Family Members (16 or above) of athletes participating in extracurricular activities must work a total of 5 athletic events per year, per family using the Sign-Up Links sent through email or posted on the Athletic Website. Sign-Up to Volunteer HERE
Ride home with parents after Athletic events
- Step One: Complete the Ride w Parents Permission Form
- Step Two: Print the form and sign
- Step Three: Bring the form to the main office for Mr. Karas to sign
- Step Four: Approved form will be sent/given to the appropriate coach
The “Eagle Way”
Formed through Benedictine Values, the “Eagle Way” represents the culture that we want to encompass at Sacred Heart. This includes activities and events held outside of school hours. When students, staff, parents, and community members soar the “Eagle Way” they are emulating the Benedictine heritage formed through work and prayer. The “Eagle Way” might be a player helping up another team’s player. It might be a coach thanking the officials for their hard work. It could be fans staying after to help pick up trash in the stands or celebrating the achievement of the opposing team. Please help us recognize this behavior using the link below. Let’s all do our part to Soar the “Eagle Way.”
7-12th Grade Athletics Information!
- To Do List Before Athletes are Eligible for Practice for any sport
Winter Sports PAC Meeting
- November 7th 6PM-7PM Social Hall
- Sacred Heart will be hosting a HITTING and PITCHING softball camp.
- Click HERE for information on the softball pitching camp
- Click HERE for the Softball Hitting camp.
- Further information and registration can be found at www.DiamondAcademy.teampages.com.
Archery Club – practice begins in a couple of weeks!
We teach the skills of archery in a fun, safe environment. It is proven that these skills will help your children in many phases of life. You do not need to be a hunter or want to hunt to be involved. Girls do quite well with this and probably half of the kids that participate are girls. Archery is a life sport that has many opportunities that extend way past hunting so please consider this opportunity.
- We typically shoot Sunday afternoons and break down the groups by age. All Sacred Heart students 4th grade and older are eligible for the archery club.
- We shoot conventional target and this year we will use 3D animal targets as well.
- We do compete in tournament as well if you wish to do so. We will host a tournament in February.
- We would love to get more parents to help coach as well. Please ask myself or one our current coach’s about it. It is quite rewarding.
- Register using the form HERE.
- If you have questions about the club contact: Wayne Pietruszewski, 701-739-4100, email@example.com